Here's what you'll need:
Hard peppermint candy (or any other hard candy)
Drinking Straw (cut into pieces)
*You could also use a silpat or silicone pan instead.
|Peppermints just waiting to be make their ornament debut!|
2) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the peppermint candies in the manner you'd like. Make sure to use your cookie cutter as a guide to show how many candies you'll need.
3) Place in oven and allow to bake for about 6-8 minutes (it took almost exactly 6 minutes for mine each time) or until the candies are completely melted.
4) Remove from oven and allow the melted candies to cool for 1-2 minutes. In the meantime, coat the cookie cutters and straw pieces with cooking spray.
5) Being very careful (because they are still extremely hot and you don't want to end up with any fingers in it, like I did. . . ouch), firmly press the cookie cutters into the melted candy. Then, quickly press the straw pieces in the candies, too.
6) Allow it to sit for about 4-5 minutes. At this time, the candy should be cooled enough that you can touch it. However, it'll still be quite warm, so be careful. Pressing firmly down on the cookie cutter, break off the excess candy on the outsides of it.
7) After they're completely cooled, string ribbon through each hole and voila!